Superfoods are all the rage in 2018.
Food scientists have identified several foods that contain an exceptional amount of vitamins and nutrients.
- Chia seed
- Hemp oil
- and our most trusted superfood: Turmeric!
Turmeric root has been used in Indian and Chinese cultures for thousands of years. It was used to medicate many conditions in ancient times. Then it fell off in recent times due to the rise of artificial drugs and treatments, but has been making a comeback as we learn more and more about what is good for our bodies.
“Golden Spice” is turmeric’s nickname because of it’s color and health benefits.
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Maintains cognitive functioning
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Useful in preventing Alzheimer’s Disease and Arthritis
- Studies link Turmeric to benefits against depression
- Boosts immune system
- Rich in vitamins
How to use
Turmeric can be taking in powder or capsule form.
There are also many recipes which contain turmeric.