Turmeric is a naturally occuring spice which has research-backed health benefits:
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory: good for muscle and joint pain
- Improves brain function and lowers risk of brain disease
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Useful in preventing Alzheimer’s Disease and Arthritis because of the anti-inflammatory benefits
- Studies link Turmeric to benefits against depression
- Boosts immune system
- Rich in vitamins
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup creamy almond butter
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Pulse almonds, coconut, and pumpkin seeds in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
Pulse dates in food processor until finely chopped. Scrape bowl and add chia seeds. Slowly add 1/4 cup of hot water and process until paste forms. Add almond butter, ginger, salt, and turmeric. Process until smooth.
Add almond, coconut, pumpkin seed mixture and pulse until just combined.
Scoop date mixture by the tablespoon, roll into balls. Transfer to plate and let chill at least 1 hour.
Good for a week. Keep refrigerated.